You’ll still be able to enjoy wonderful warm days, but cooler nights as Summer fades into Fall. It is still warm enough to enjoy a day at the uncrowded beaches or take in a round of golf. Best of all, oysters are now in season, which are a low country must!
Events & Festivals
- Restaurant Week (September): Charleston is well known for its wonderful cuisine- now is the time to some of Charleston's finest restaurants.
- Sea + Sand Festival (September): The longest running annual event on Folly Beach, this Festival draws thousands every year to participate in a 5K run, surf competition, sandcastle building contest, pageant, carnival games and all day street party.
- Preservation Society Fall Tour of Homes And Gardens (October): Step inside the private homes and gardens of Charleston's Historic District to celebrate local history, culture, and architecture.
- Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch (October): Pick your own pumpkin, explore the corn maze or pick up some great items at the artisan fair at the Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch!
- FollyPalooza (October): A cancer benefit that raises money for Folly Beach residents who are receiving cancer treatments, this street festival features live music, an art competition, an auction & carnival atmosphere.